Here are the questions to Acumen 08 - which i did not take it properly, Thanks to Movin Miranda for the questions that i missed
1) This was a trading company started on February 1st, 1851 at two places – in Switzerland and Bombay. Salomon was in charge of the Winterthur setup while brother Johann Georg took care of the Bombay one. Over the years it established branches at Colombo, Cochin, Karachi, Madras etc (primarily ports because of the company’s shipping and trading activities). It continued to expand through out the world while slowly exiting India, starting off with a part-sale of its Engineering and Imports division in 1954. Name the company.
2) Which setup Voltas after a part-sale to Tata sons, continued to sell its stake over the next few years and completely exited Last year Coca-Cola spent $4.1 billion to buy Energy brands, a firm that makes the vitamin-enhanced water Glacéau. Which stakeholder in Energy Brands made a 523 USD million profit from this deal though it had held its stake for less than a year?
3) Which business pundit was criticized for reassuring shareholders on March 11, 2008, on his widely popular show ‘ ’ that Bear Stearns was fine, just before it collapsed? on CNBC; on March 14, he called the stock ‘worthless’ Which retail chain that dates back to 1991 recently spent Rs 20 crore to change from a elliptical logo to a rectangular one with the slogan “start something new” added in?
4) Which search engine devised by former employees gets its name from the Gaelic for knowledge and hazel, though this has been disputed by linguists?
Working independently in the early 1960s, , Donald Davies and Leonard Kleinrock devised this method to help US military networks to survive a nuclear attack. Baran called it 'hot-potato routing.' Fortunately the name suggested by Davies was adopted. What concept?
6) Which is the way the Internet works The hamlet of Purchase in New York state plays host to two worldwide corporate behemoths. One is Pepsico. Which company is appropriately the other one? MasterCard Worldwide. Now you know, why those credit card bills are so high! Who recently announced plans to take over the well-known Howrah Union Football Club and merge its academy with his struggling Bengal Football Academy, as part of the initiatives taken by the newly-formed Royal Bengal sports Pvt. Ltd?
Biz Quizzard 725 - Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period February 12 - 17. Hope you enjoy it. 1. Mumbai, with a total wealth of $950 billion, has been named worl...
3 days ago